"Tap into Learning" Cross-promoting Spigot online.

A Shaky, Teachable Moment

by Lyle Girandola
 
Where were you at 1:51 EST on August 23'rd? Were you setting up your classroom? Preparing a lesson plan? Getting in the last of your summer vacation?
Earthquake map of the VA epicenter on 8/23/11
Earthquake map of the VA epicenter on 8/23/11

If you were somewhere on the east coast–say East Windsor, NJ, like me–chances are you felt what I felt. It was about 20 seconds of pure bewilderment.

The earthquake of 2011!

I was in my car eating a hamburger. I thought someone, like the cholesterol police, came up behind me and started jumping on the rear bumper. I got out of my car and continued to watch with amazement while my haunted shiny vehicle did its own little dance right there in the lot!

I even opened my trunk. Did I accidentally lock someone inside it? (I hate when that happens!)...read more

2 comments:

Sarita said...

I was sitting at my desk trying to write and article and began to fell motion sickness. It was awful!

Life,Twins,DramaQueen said...

Hi,

New follower from the blog hop please come follow me back :)
http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.blogspot.com

Post a Comment